Subscribe:
..

Popular Posts

Staying Home For Jobs That Pay Really Well

You’ve seen the emails before. Click here to take a survey and win a gift card. Take an 8 minute survey and win a free dinner, or take this consumer survey and be entered into a contest to win a new car. We’ve all seen them before. Obviously some of them sound too good to be true or just insane. Unfortunately, most are too good to be true. But wait, a mist the smoke and mirrors that is the survey game, there are some true and honest leaders. First let’s get a understanding of what exactly a survey or focus group really is.

Market research companies are hired by large companies to run controlled tests on new products or services that their client company is planning on bringing to market. The focus group could literally be on anything you can imagine. I’ve done focus groups on alcoholic beverages, lap tops, cars, ketchup and more recently on my online shopping habits. The method in which the focus group is carried out varies. It can be in the form of a series of questions that you answer online, they may provide a pocket video camera for you to create a video diary of your answers, you may participate in a web video conference or you may do a real live focus group with other people at the company’s office. Now let’s take a look how these leaders operate.

The politically correct term for the companies that offer surveys are market research companies. Most of the heavy hitters are in fact national market research companies. This means they are huge and are always conducting surveys. The larger legitimate companies do not send out mass emails or have pop ups on every website you visit. Every survey that I’ve ever participated in was made possible by one of a few ways. I was either told about a survey by a friend. I was approached by someone who signs up people for surveys, or I sought out the opportunity myself. Once you’re in the loop you’ll get call backs based on who you are and if you meet the criteria for up coming surveys. Now let’s look at how you actually get into a survey or focus group.

The first two options are pretty straight forward. Either a friend refers you or someone walks up to you says.." hi, I’m looking for people for an upcoming survey and I think you might fit. Would you be interest?" Trust me, it really happens. The other option is to seek out the market research companies. This is pretty straight forward. I’d say start with your favorite search engine and simply search for market research companies in your area. Most will have websites were you complete a bio or profile and will email you for upcoming surveys. Yes it’s that simple. So, I’m sure you’re wondering if this is one of those home work jobs that will pay you. Let’s look at the two types of surveys or focus groups and what they typically pay.